LutheranCatechism.com is seeking volunteer research assistants to assist with enhancing the resources it provides.
Three priority projects are:
- Advising on the best bibliographic style to use for LutheranCatechism.com’s Bibliography and Document Library.
- Editing the existing Bibliography and Document Library to conform all entries to the chosen bibliographic style.
- Searching for public domain copies of documents cited in the Bibliography but not yet included in the Document Library, for addition to the Document Library.
Useful skills include:
- Knowledge and proficiency in bibliographic styles.
- Knowledge of sources and research methods for retrieval of copies of cited works.
- Basic familiarity with copyright for recognition of when a copy of a work is in the public domain.
- Editing of documents in either word processing or HTML form, with rudimentary understanding of styles in word processors or Cascading Style Sheets in HTML.
These are voluntary positions. No economic, financial, or remunerative compensation is offered. The work of selected assistants will be acknowledged, however, on LutheranCatechism.com, and it could be referenced on resumes.
Interested persons may contact the Editor of LutheranCatechism.com at trh at midrivers dot com. In addition to expressing interest, helpful information to include is:
- basic educational background
- background in bibliographic, research, or library
- interest in Luther’s catechisms